If you are trying to grow your business online, or gather a fan base for your newly polished blog – then you may want to take some of these tips to heart! Being SEO optimized is like being “the friendly neighbor” to various search engines on the Internet, and making sure that your website greets them with a smile!
So should you bake cinnamon cookies, and stand at the door with gleaming white teeth? You can if you want, but we suggest tweaking your website so that search engines will find the doorstep to your website equally appetizing:
1. Choose Effective Keywords: Make sure that when you are producing content for your website, that you use keywords directly attributed to “popular” keywords for your topic. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), can be impacted greatly by choosing the right “keywords,” and impacts the individual traffic that it supports.
2. Website Makeover: Check out your html code, and make sure that you have a title <title> that defines your website, and make sure you have it optimized to appropriately place your site page into the search engines index.
3. SEO Optimization Plugins: If you are a blogger, plug-ins are available for Search Engine Optimization for various blog platforms, allowing you to enter post tags, titles, keywords, and descriptions – that are compliant and ready for various search engines to index. For Wordpress users, I am partial to the “All In One SEO Pack” – which allows me to optimize my site, and each post!
4. Choose Appropriate Keywords: Always keep your keywords short, sweet, and to the point. Do not use words like “the,” and you do not need to put in keywords like “website or online.” If you are doing a website for preparing various food dishes, you may want to consider “cooking, cooks, baking, bakers, bread, kitchen, healthy meals, dinner, eating.” You can use hundreds of these if you wish, and you can provide combinations to make sure that your optimization methods are maximized! For instance “cooking healthy foods” can be one keyword, and then “baking chocolate cake,” could ultimately be another.
5. Create An XML Sitemap: You can create sitemaps using FREE XML sitemap generators online, and the best one is right from the most popular search engines source! Sign up for a free Google.com webmaster tools account, and check out some of the unique tools available for webmasters!
The above examples are just a minor dip in the pool of SEO Optimization, which is just ONE of the many services that I offer! If you are interested in getting your website optimized to the max, then please feel free to contact me! Proper SEO Optimization is one of the keys to success with an online business, so make those changes and implement those habits to make the grade today!