Westboro Baptist Church comes to Louisville, protest, and 400+ individuals from the City show up chase them back into their van rolling on the road back to Kansas. I can’t say that it doesn’t make me smile to know that so many people chased them away, but it’s bittersweet to me. I can remember when some of those people who were holding up signs about diversity were not so tolerant, and while I am glad they have evolved – it makes me wonder if the Westboro Baptist church was not against “America” and protesting Soldiers funerals – if that many people would have come out to “chase them away.” Would those same people scream just as loud for GLBTI rights? This is where I am divided, and I want to believe the world has changed but just cannot accept it just yet.
I made my statement and stand by it, I did not go to the protest because I would rather do more positive things with my time than watch a handful of idiots from Kansas hold up stupid signs and spout that our nation is doomed. It’s the same crap Phelps was spewing in the 90′s, and not as many people gathered then when Matthew Shepard was burned to death and a group of Christian homophobes spit all over us while we were holding a memorial vigil.
I was there when the hardcore asshole Christians were holding up similar signs about hating gay people when the Fairness Amendment was passed, and understood that not everyone in the world was always going to be tolerant of gay people. This, yes, has jaded me. It has made me accept the best of the good people, and ignore the worst of bad people. It’s something of a security blanket that I have woven, and I do not feel comfortable just yet taking it off.
I do want to send my congratulations to the organizers of the protest, and to all of the people who went out to show their support. I hope that each person who went to the protest truly has diversity in their hearts, and will not only stand up to the homophobes of Westboro Baptist church – but also in their workplace, in their own churches, and at social events with friends. I hope that they teach their children to be tolerant of all people, and end bullying in schools – and practice the message of tolerance that caused them to gather this past Sunday in the first place.
Fluffy wonderful messages of love and hope are great, but that message isn’t just a marketing slogan that is here today and gone tomorrow – it’s time to make sure that that message of tolerance becomes a motto for the future, and a engraved way of living. This means that taking those GREEN ASS BUMPER STICKERS off of your cars that are against gay marriage, and eliminating the anti-gay sentiment from daily life…. even in slang.
After all the side that the majority chose was tolerance, and that carries on for more than just one protest. It carries on long after that van from Kansas goes back to where it came from.
Jake A. Wheat
I’m not one to turn the other cheek, and I am not one to keep my mouth shut when I am pissed off. Facebook and me are about to depart, because I can no longer stand having to read people’s posts that show up on my wall that I don’t even know – only to be royally offended. Some people are so fucking stupid, they should have oranges shoved up their asses until Tropicana comes out their nose.
A friend of mine, who I adore, posted this as their status update which reads “I’m sure a large part of Religion nowadays stems from wanting to belong somewhere or feeling confused & lost, which is fair enough. But U can’t feel that way, become an extremist, & then feel the need to purge homosexuals for their “sins” when UR explanation is that they R confused & lost individuals who haven’t found their inner God. If UR confused and lost Mr. Christian then find UR inner homosexual! – Natasha”
I am not sure who Natasha is, but I found the quote to be interesting and if not a bit tongue in cheek, so I read the comments, one of which that was in opposition of the statement that read: “Really? The bible mentions homosexuality 0 times, huh? Apparently, you haven’t read the bible. I can count numerous times that it’s in the bible. In Corithians, in Genesis, in Leviticus, in Timothy, in Romans. Leviticus 18:22 ”Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman. That is detestable.” Did you miss that part? What about this other part that you apparently skipped over when you were doing your extensive research: Genesis: 19: 4-5: ”Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-both young and old-surrounded the house. They called to Lot. “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them.” I don’t know what part of that doesn’t scream homosexuality.”
Seriously, Lot should have no credibility – the RAPISTS (not homosexuals) – were looking to humiliate, which is why they RAPED and demasculized the men by scrogging them in the poop shoot. Lot found this to be so upsetting, that he gave the rapists his Daughters instead. ”Here, take these, it’s fresh vagina and you can pop their cherries!”
Ok bitches, time for me to drag you by your hair into the classroom. You need a makeover anyway! Let us begin:
1. Your ever loving God in Leviticus states, “”I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children.” (Leviticus 26:22)” God is love, indeed.
2. God is so loving that if anyone speak ill of him, out of anger or whatever – then ““He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him.” — Leviticus 24:16″ Better be careful how you speak of Ole’ God, ok? Those stones hurt!
3. The Holiness codes in the Bible (most in Leviticus) do not pertain to US, but they pertain to the Isrealites 3,000 years ago. Reality check!
4. The Holiness code “….a man is not to lie with another man….” (Leviticus 18:6) – yeah, that was meant not for the congregations, but for those who fell under the confines of the Holiness code, which has been swept under the carpet by “modern day ignorant” preacher types. *spits out Kodiak”
Let’s point out other scriptures in the Bible that are just ….. overlooked, and then lets dwell on why the fuck we chose one of them there holiness code scriptures to shove down people’s throats who are GLBTI and not say….. these folks:
5. Chicks who fuck before their wedding day: “Brides who are not virgins should be executed immediately.” (Deuteronomy 22:13-21) Well, if that is the case, then a lot of women in Valley Station are going to be put to death, am I wrong? Yeah, thought not.
6. “If there is anyone who curses his Father or Mother, he shall surely be put to death.” (Leviticus 20:9) This Leviticus chapter, damn – no gay sex, and if you are Heterosexual and your kid has a tantrum and uses bad language will have to die? A bit harsh don’t you think? I prefer soap, like in “A Christmas Story.” Jesus, and you thought the hot sauce lady was cruel…
7.” If there is any man who commits adultery with another man’s wife; they shall surely be put to death.” (Leviticus 20:10)
8. “Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death.” (Leviticus 20:27) The other ones are not surely, but this one – is SURELY to put you to death! So sorry about you people who have ever had your palm read, used an Ouija board, or who went on a ghost hunt. RIP Miss Cleo.
9. “They shall not make any baldness on their heads, nor shave off the edges of their beards, or make any cuts in their flesh.” (Leviticus 21:5) So, if you do not look like Captian Caveman or Cousin it, or if you have earrings, or you accidentally sliced your finger cutting….. YOU ARE A SINNER! BURN YOU HAIRLESS PERSON WITH NO CUTS! (I guess people who get into accidents and have to get stitches are doomed… and double doomed if they have to shave the body before surgery! HELLFIRE AND DAMN NATION!)
10. “And if a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so shall it be done to him. Fracture for Fracture, Eye For Eye, Tooth For Tooth.” (Leviticus 22:19) —- um, see “Love Thy Neighbor,” that doesn’t really count if you are in the same Zip Code I guess.
11. “Married couples will not have intercourse while the woman is on her period, and if they disobey they shall both be executed.” (Leviticus 18:19) … Well shit, there goes earning your red wings partner.
12. “Divorce is strictly prohibited in both testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has ever been divorced.” (Mark 10 1-12) - Mark, can you clarify something? If you can’t get divorced, then how can you get remarried if you got divorced when you can’t? I’m confused, so just send me a message via. Fed Ex.
13. “For six says work may be done, but the seventh day you shall have a Holy Day, and whoever does work on it, will be put to death.” (Exodus 35:2) So, if you worked at White Castle, you would surely die. Pretty much any restaurant, um, and well anyone who cuts grass. No wonder Monday’s are so manic, you can’t do nothin on Sunday! Freaking rules…. geeze. So glad everyone abides by them, right? I mean no one does absolutely NO work on Sundays right? bah!
14. “If A man gets into a fight with another man, and the wife tries to rescue her husband by grabbing the other guys genitals, then the wife shall have her hand cut off and no pity shall be shown to her.” (Deuteronomy 25 11-12) So no touching any other dick but your Husbands, got that? Even if some huge attacker is choking him to death, ya got it? Don’t be a whore to save your man! (Don’t forget to forgive, love, and leave a financial offering!)
15. “You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear an outfit with two types of material mixed together.” (Leviticus 19:19) … 1. You may accidentally create a new species of flower, fruit, or plant! 2. Mixing fabrics would be too Lady Gaga, and OMG that is just not right!
It’s stupid to single out all the rules, when so many of them are in the same parts of the Bible just waiting to be enforced! Hey, lets let our 11-12 year old girls get married and be slaves! Let’s quit eating pork, which yes – includes hot dogs. Let us throw stones at everything until everything dies….forget the Nintendo Wii!
Jesus was once asked, “What is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus replied: Thy shall love thy neighbor as thyself.” Also God does not wish for us to change our natural born orientation, so a gay person cannot go into a cocoon and successfully morph into a heterosexual. The only person who would have a problem with this are those who only follow the rules they want in the Bible, and not all of the others, some of which I outlined above.
So go ahead, kill your kids when they cuss at you. If your neighbor does something to you, do it back. If your planting a garden, better only seed one type of flower! Don’t you dare do anything on a Sunday, and for the love of GOD do not eat any ham! Don’t shave (let them hairs grow long), and do not ever accidentally or intentionally cut yourself. If you do, you are either to be murdered or you WILL GO TO HELL!
Seriously folks, if I can’t suck a dick, eat a ham sandwich, and plant a garden full of various flowers – then I’ll see you downstairs with the Devil.
Jake A. Wheat
Other fucked up Biblical crap:
Pedophilia is PERMITTED in the Bible!!! If you like to have a little girl for a while for whatever pleasure YOU DON’T DATE HER! You buy her as a slave from a God fearing fellow Israelite in need of money, or even from a good Christian parent!!!
Titus 2:9 (NIV) Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them.
Exodus 21:20-21 NIV “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished* (*but how? Will the master or mistress get a slap on the wrist?), but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property* (*KJV says “his money”).
So you can keep beating your male or female slave to a pulp every third day and as long as he/she recovers you are a HOLY and RIGHTEOUS person before our Loving God and Heavenly Father! The whole Bible is decisively pro-slavery of the kinkiest sort!
1 Peter 2:18 (NIV) Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
Exodus 21:7-8 (NIV) “If a MAN SELLS his DAUGHTER* (*NOT HIS SON but his daughter!!!) as a SLAVE, SHE is not to go free as male slaves do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself* (for whatever pleasure), he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. Can you imagine her fate if her God fearing daddy doesn’t want her back and her master is a sadistic sexual pervert?
Luke 16:17 (NIV) (Jesus said) It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
Courtesy of the Human Rights Campaign:
Clint McCance sits used to sit on the school board in Midland, Arkansas. At a time of increased anti-LGBT bullying and youth suicides, McCance unbelievably posted this hate-filled rant to his Facebook wall regarding Spirit Day on October 20:
‘Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide. The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide. I cant believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed therselves because of their sin. REALLY PEOPLE.’
Note from Jake Wheat: Is it me, or can bigots just not count? Even that “J” guy that I had on my show, you know – the other bigoted asshole – he kept saying FIVE suicides. It wasn’t FIVE – it was SIX. If you have an opinion, even a bigoted one, at least get your facts correct!
In a follow-up post, this supposed community leader said:
‘I like that fags cant procreate. I also enjoy the fact that they often give each other aids and die.’
I can’t believe that someone who students should see as a role model and trusted resource would spew such hate, particularly at this sensitive time. I’m sending a letter to the Midland School District asking them to join me in immediately demanding McCance’s resignation. Join me in sending a strong message that this type of behavior is entirely unacceptable and has consequences.
I hope you’ll join me: http://bit.ly/cym3QV
So now, Jake Wheat (Me) will leave him with an open letter…… enjoy!
Courtesy of Jake A. Wheat:
Your a bigoted fucking asshole who represents represented Arkansas in a light that makes me wonder if you don’t spend your spare time fucking sheep. Nice Facebook pic, it makes me wonder if you don’t compensate with the size of that fish because your penis could only be used to skew cocktail wieners. Harsh? Well hell yeah, redneck, because your one of the reasons why I was put on this Earth. I think all people who contribute to the murder of innocent lives should be publically humilated, especially ignorant bigots!
Your message of hatred could have contributed to the death of a teenager in one of your own schools, and somewhere someone is HURT by the message that you have so cowardly posted on your Facebook status. I noticed that even some of your “replies” were disliked, and at least one person called you out on your hatred. Seriously, I would not be surprised if you were not a bully in High School yourself, and I guess you never left…. literally.
Do you know that the Homosexual community isn’t the “Industry Leader” in getting HIV or AIDS anymore? Nope, that my friend has been taken over by the heterosexuals – most commonly fisherman who secretly go up on Brokeback Mountain every few months and bang their best friend in the asshole using spit as lubricant, and not using a condom. Yep, it’s no longer them there “fags” that have the monopoly on HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) or AIDS itself.
Ok, CLIT – I mean – Clint, the fact is that if you want all of us gay people to die then a few things will change that will dramatically change your life….. um, hold up – sorry Clint…. I was wrong. Gay people don’t design clothes that are acquired at the bargain bin at the Dollar General. You talk about wearing purple only if all of the gay teens kill themselves, but then your the one holding the fish like your about ready to do a “all the way around the motorboat and back to the pole, snap!”
What is with the dark glasses? Listen, I am sure that your trying your best – but the Lady Gaga dress was made out of meat, not a fish – nice try. Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a public letter to let you know that I am glad you resigned and I would be very careful the next time you did the following:
1. Went to get your hair cut.
2. Accidentally stumbled into the wrong bar.
3. Got in the way of the “wrong” kinda trucker.
4. Went to a wedding reception and got noticed by the wedding planner.
5. Tried to order flowers.
6. Decided to join the gym.
7. Enjoyed the YMCA.
8. Tried to shop at the GAP, Structure, Abercrombie and Fitch.
9. Started to tap dance in the stall of a bathroom in an airport.
10. Enjoyed your local adult theater.
11. Looked your child in the face if they ever said “Dad, I’m gay…”
Jake A. Wheat
PS. Clint, just an FYI – I hear McDonalds is hiring.
I have received a lot of comments over my show which aired this past Friday, where I did an “Interview With The Jesus Bigot.” Most of the reactions have been pretty amazing and supportive, and I am glad that I have a group of listeners who believe so strongly as I do!
Here are some of my favorite comments:
“I finally got around to listening to your podcast with the bigot. I couldn’t help but laugh when he said he was disgusted with the imagery of a homosexual act…..in my brain, all I could think of was how disgusted I was with the imagery of BOILED OKRA. I think we should outlaw okra. It’s just not right. Good job, my friend!” (Jake’s Note: Boiled Okra! LOL! Now that is disgusting and sinful! LOL!)
“There will be hate, until we embrace diversity for everyone – starting with parents, political leaders, and those who teach that “loving thy neighbor” is not just a bumper sticker, but an actual theology.” (Jake’s Note: Well said, this should be a bumper sticker or a t-shirt actually!)
“Just listened to your podcast. OMG. Which I had been available Friday to call in and speak with that A-Hole!!! You did a great job!” (Jake’s Note: Thank you, the switchboard got overloaded which is why we had issues with callers not answering, seems we had an overload! However, I am glad you listened and thank you! HUGS!)
“You go boy! Proud of you. You were very nice Jakey. And very informed.” (Jake’s Note: Hugs, Love, & Thank you!)
“So I just listened to your interview with “J” this morning. I will pray for the individual known as “J” as he is apparently lost. Thanks for sharing and thank you for taking a stand against “J’s” blatant ignorance.” (Jake’s Note: I think “J” is gay, simple as that. I don’t see him as being anything other than miserable in his own skin – which makes it even sadder. People uncomfortable with themselves, projecting hate, and then in turn causing negative social pressure which causes some questioning and GLBT teens to commit suicide. Pray for everyone!)
“Your my hero Jake Wheat!!” (Jake’s Note: You are also my hero! Thank you for being such a beautiful soul!)
…. and many more, including some not so nice messages upon which I haven’t even bothered to post. It’s amazing how people think that homosexuality is a choice, or that there is so much hatred and intolerance still in this day and age. One of the best ideas for human evolution is to embrace diversity, and to shed the recognition of differences that have caused so much bloodshed in our past.
On a good note, “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” died – at least for now, so gay men and women can openly serve in the Military. It’s not like they haven’t been there all along, but now maybe they can rest easier knowing they can’t be let go from a job fighting for our freedom, because they aren’t free to be who they are.
Until the next show (soon) – I love you, thank you, and most importantly respect you for all your opinions. Good or bad, people will be people and in the end – I think that love is what will prevail.
Jake A. Wheat
Simply put, the Devil is smarter than any bigoted Christian. While I do not claim any specific theology (other than my own personal religious “collection” which stays in my personal bubble and is not broadcast) I have lived the life of a Southern Baptist and I know how hypocrisy breeds hate. I also know how hate manifests, and it’s easy to see that Christians are the weakest in that regard.
As a Southern Baptist I was sent to a Bible Camp where I had my first sexual encounter with a man, who was one of the counselors – and while I found it to be quite innocent and experimental during that time in my youth, today I see it as the token wake up call for what needs to be collectively spoken to the world. Being a bigot and Christian is a oxymoron, and being one harmoniously cancels the other out.
There are true great wonderful people who claim to be Christian, and those people accept others and love unconditionally – this blog post is not intended to offend or scar them. I respect all creatures, unless they get it my way.
For instance, Homosexuality and the whole “sinner” thing – you see the ugliest most demonic people step to the limelight to shout their “Christianity” from the mountaintops when it comes to two men or two women loving each other. Love is the very foundation of the Christian religion, and while the hatred festers inside their “saved” hearts, the mysterious dark ooze penetrates their brains and festers into a boiling puss that spews out vile things to people who are different…. who are not “like them.”
Jesus embraced those who were unique, and did not discriminate against any man nor woman. He taught tolerance, and forgiveness. He taught love, and showed us a way to love one another.
While I embrace more controversial theologies, I can accept the fact that Christians are everywhere, but simply put – to have a “Christian” spout some prejudiced bullshit while claiming they represent Jesus is absolutely absurd. If anything, that is the work of something far more sinister ….. the exact opposite of everything the religion teaches.
So the next time you see a Christian asshole spouting off about hating gay people, look deeper into their hollow eyes – and you will see the influence of darker forces at work, because the only thing a Christian should promote is tolerance, peace, and love.
Jake A. Wheat