Self Inflicted Mirror Shot & 10 Updates About Jake
I literally have been working a lot here lately, and having had a chance to sit down and get caught up with all that is going on in my life. You could say that things are on the up and up – and then there are some things that are kinda blah.
I recently took a long look at myself in the mirror and realized that I am WAAAAYYY to nice of a person, and that I let people take advantage of me. I allow people to use me, and I basically am an easy target for people who love to use others. Therefore I have tried to put up my shields and stay grounded, and I am doing a horrible job at it. I am not good at being mean, seriously.
I tried to explain this to a mentor/friend and he told me that if you do nice things for others without any expectations other than just “doing nice things because you want to,” then you should never be disappointed. I guess he is right, because I have never done anything with any expectations in return. Sometimes, however, it is nice to have someone there when you need them just as much as you were there when they needed you. Anyway…..
There are certain people in my life who are interested in reading about what is going on with me, and so here goes – in no particular order:
1. I am still working like a dog. I am not fond of working like a dog, but it pays the bills.
2. I recently had to go to the Doctor because I have pink eye. It’s gross. I’d like to brutally murder the person that invented this horrible eye infection thing, because it’s gross.
3. My new apartment is wonderful, and I love it. I have a beautiful livingroom, and a even more stunning bedroom. I decorated the livingroom area in a red/dark wood color scheme with a really nice London painting. I still have more to go, but for now it is minimalist and I like that. The bedroom is done in red/dark wood colors and has oriental paintings, mainly Chinese symbols representing wisdom, love, peace, happiness – etc. My kitchen is done in a bistro style, with fat Italian bakers, which I carried over from my last home.
4. For those of you who are wondering, I am not single. I know that in the past I eluded to the fact that everything was in the air with me, but honestly I was going through a really confusing time. I was sick, in and out of the hospital, and some other private junk. I am, indeed, taken and happy. Sorry lads, off the market!
5. My friend started a blog which I am really excited about, and it’s about Android phones! I recently dumped my iPhone and got an Android because I got tired of being locked into the Apple “prison” which kept me from having fun with my phone! My friend’s blog can be found at: http://www.dannyAndroid.com. It’s a brand new blog, and for the record …… it may take a short while for it to get going. I have a feeling though that when it does, it will be a really cool place to check out info on the Android scene!
6. I am working on my new book called “The Bitterman,” and it will be out in October 2012. Right now I am working with some illustrators to get the graphic novel portion of the book ready, and then once that is finished it’s off to complete the layout. I have a plan to make this a really neat experience for readers, and a collectible work of art.
7. I am still in love (madly) with Manu Bennett and my main goal is to have him friend me on his personal Facebook page. I am such a fan of his work, and LOVE him as Crixus in Spartacus – so if the Gods are listening… please let him friend me! Indeed Manu is probably one of the coolest men on the planet, and I would love for him to show me how to surf, waterboard, or just explore New Zealand! (Of course if I met him I would die, duh.)
8. Sales of my books are doing well, and I am very happy about that! I do check my email, and love to hear from readers about my work so don’t be shy! I am totally happy with my work that is published to date, and look forward to many more books in the future.
9. I have a Facebook page…. you can friend me, and I don’t bite.
10. I also have a Twitter, and I don’t bite on that either.
So there you go…. a small but fresh update about what is going on in the land of Jake Wheat, and I am sure I have left some stuff out. Don’t fret, I will keep you posted with all of my antics and give you the 411 on new books, projects, and other stuff.
It’s Time To Go For Now,
Jake A. Wheat