Search Site Content
Manu Bennett Countdown
- A Open Letter To Gregory O’Bryan’s Defense Team
- Why I Am Loosing Faith In Fiverr.com…
- Bombers, If You Wanna Blow Something Up …. Blow Up The Westboro Baptist Church.
- [T-Minus: Manu Bennett Meeting] Day 1: The Beginning
- Glee Episode Addresses School Shooting & Pisses Ignorant People Off…. smh.
- Sign The Petition…. Andy Whitfield To Be Introduced Into Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum
- Short & Sweet Book Review of “Color or Die” on Amazon.com
- Sallie Mae Is Not A Cute Old Lady, But A Nasty Vagina Stained Hoe.
- All Hail Me… From Dude In Boxers?
- My “Dear Shane” Video Responses, Angels In Masses!
Get Jake’s Books!
Get Android App
Fundly.com Brings Philanthropy To The Internet & Warms My Heart
If you are searching for a good cause to donate to, or a few hundred causes if you are really feeling generous, then look no further than Fundly.com. Fundly is for people who have a “cause” or a “fundraiser” that they want to launch, and have the need for a quick and easy micro-site to be developed to get their campaign started with ease!
After creating your fundraising campaign, you can implement videos and images along with access to social media sharing tools, so that your fundraising efforts go viral. As I checked out the campaigns, I really felt deep in my heart that this is a good thing. The website describes itself as: Fundly has rapidly become the largest online social fundraising platform in the United States. Individuals and organizations raising funds for non-profits, charities, politics, schools, clubs, teams, groups, and others, have raised over $230 million using Fundly’s social fundraising platform.
Fundly is designed to empower anyone and any cause to tap into the robust individual giving marketplace and raise money online for causes by:
- Making it easy for anyone to get started fundraising online via sites such as Facebook and Twitter in minutes – no IT set-up, no configuration, and no waiting.
- Empowering supporters to reach out to their friends and other connections with branded tools, including e-mail and social networking.
- Supporting volunteer fundraising with incentives and accountability by making fundraising progress accessible and easy to understand.Instilling the practice of driving a lifecycle that converts donors into advocates and fundraisers.
Some of the organizations that use Fundly include the Silicon Valley Education Foundation, Recovery Circles Foundation, The American Red Cross of Silicon Valley, Farmhands Boost Inc., Special Operations Warrior Foundation, the Democratic Governor’s Association, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA), and Meg Whitman for Governor (R-CA).
I surfed through the campaigns that were available, and found a few of them that really touched my heart, for instance check out “Jarred Brown FTTF (f*ck the tumor, fund),” which raises money to help Jarred Brown. Jarred has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s Follicular lymphoma, he is currently recovering from the removal of a 2 1/2″ tumor in his spine. He is out of bed now, walking short distances at a time, gaining strength. The “diagnoses” came in today (5-4-12): Stage four, in his bones from his neck to his pelvis. Jarred starts chemotherapy June 5th. Hoping to be…excuse me..he WILL be in remission within 6 months! It is going to be a long road but Jarred and Dianne are getting geared up for the fight! Money raised will offset unimaginable medical bills and hardship for the family due to Jarred’s inability to work. Please donate to Jarred and his family while he kicks some tumor ass!! Thank you SO much for caring! DONATE TO JARRED
Another one that stood out to me was the “Fleisher Foundation,” which goes to fund sudden cardiac arrest, which is something I hope no one has to ever loose a loved one to. Each year a team of friends, both old and new, take to the Marine obstacle course at Camp Pendleton to compete in the 10k Mud Run. The money they raise goes to support education and training in CPR and AED to use to combat Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA). I used to be an EMT, and I have written before on the benefits of learning and knowing CPR – but having lost a loved one myself to Sudden Cardiac Arrest, I truly believe that knowing what to do and prevention is the KEY.
Whether you are in need of fundraising methods, or you’re a philanthropist who wants to give to worthy causes, Fundly.com is an excellent resource to help someone meet their goals, or to start raising money for a worthy cause of your own. Fundly.com boasts that “they are the #1 online fundraising platform for social good causes of any shape and size. If you need to raise money, you should be using Fundly, because they provide free fundraising websites for non profits, schools, politics, faith-based groups, sports teams, and more. No matter what you need to fund raise for, you can use fundly. There are no up front or monthly costs, just a small percentage fee per donation Fundly helps a cause generate, and the credit card costs are included into it too.
Over 25,000 campaigns have raise over $250 Million online to date.
Jake A. Wheat
Posted from Prospect, Kentucky, United States.