Search Site Content
Manu Bennett Countdown
- A Open Letter To Gregory O’Bryan’s Defense Team
- Why I Am Loosing Faith In Fiverr.com…
- Bombers, If You Wanna Blow Something Up …. Blow Up The Westboro Baptist Church.
- [T-Minus: Manu Bennett Meeting] Day 1: The Beginning
- Glee Episode Addresses School Shooting & Pisses Ignorant People Off…. smh.
- Sign The Petition…. Andy Whitfield To Be Introduced Into Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum
- Short & Sweet Book Review of “Color or Die” on Amazon.com
- Sallie Mae Is Not A Cute Old Lady, But A Nasty Vagina Stained Hoe.
- All Hail Me… From Dude In Boxers?
- My “Dear Shane” Video Responses, Angels In Masses!
Get Jake’s Books!
Get Android App
Chicken Brings Out The Worst In People, But Don’t Let CHICKEN Bring You Down.
I have been reading Facebook posts today, and have seen the best and the worst of people. It never fails, when a social issue mixes with a corporation’s “core foundation,” albeit for whatever reason, the media coverage and the “large number of people who stand in line to represent said social issue” make headlines.
Here is a scenario: Douchebag Uncle Steve (pictured left) posts on his Facebook status “God Bless Chick-Fil-A cuz they are against them gays, I had two much waffle fries, now drinkin’ a beer at home!” His grammar makes your brain rot, and his ignorance is even worse. Sadly, Uncle Stave is nothing more than the rest of the people who were in line at Chick-Fil-A yesterday…. he is a follower. He is unable to think for himself, and jumps on the “chicken sandwich” bandwagon taking a stand for “moral values,” and “free speech.”
I have/had a lot of friends on Facebook talking about how this is a free speech issue, and a lot of other nonsense – and that this is Chick-Fil-A’s first amendment right to say “they are against gay marriage, gay people, etc.” Here is the truth, plain and simple….. if a restaurant came out and said “we are against interracial marriage,” there would be a lot less “freedom of speech” talk, and a lot more “boycott the prejudiced chicken place” people on Facebook.
Does this mean that Douchebag Uncle Steve would care if the discrimination was different? Well, maybe.
Perhaps Douchebag Uncle Steve is also prejudiced against African Americans, but social pressure makes it harder for someone to come out as a racist than as a homophobe. This is because, as a Nation, we are still in our infancy, and RIGHT NOW GLBTI people are still struggling to get equal rights just like African Americans had to do. It wasn’t long ago that schools, restaurants, and even public restrooms were “whites only,” and discriminated openly against serving African Americans. Bigoted people also called this “freedom,” and spoke out saying that “those establishments who choose to not serve coloreds are practicing their First Amendment rights.” Look how far we have come since then, and frankly in another 20 years or less – we will, as a Nation, go farther.
What Chick-Fil-A is doing right now is bringing out the worst in people, and while they are funding anti-gay organizations and feeding hungry patrons (making billions doing it at the same time) they have made their mark in history, which will only someday be recognized as a mistake and warrant public apology. In Uganda, there is a measure to pass a law where if a person is homosexual they are put to death. Chick-Fil-A funds an organization which actually supports this law, which also includes executing people with HIV. It’s the darkest of bigotry, and while we can put any spin we want on it – Christianity, by supporting Chick-Fil-A is advocating murder in Uganda. (Source)
What I am reading today on Facebook is that GLBTI teens and young adults are seeing the homophobia on their timelines, and reading how much their loved ones support Chick-Fil-A, which is in turn making them feel like a second class citizen. This is when I have sleepless nights, and can’t seem to get rest because I worry about the GLBT & questioning youth who are bullied, and then turn to attempting suicide over their isolation. The media spotlight on this bigotry today may be “freedom of speech,” but much like the Phelps family who believes that “God Hates Fags,’ Freedom of Speech has accountability – and with accountability there are many risks.
IF YOU ARE GAY, LESBIAN, TRANSGENDERED OR QUESTIONING YOUTH …. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! YOU ARE IMPORTANT! THE PEOPLE THAT LINED UP TO EAT CHICKEN TODAY WERE NOT LINED UP AGAINST YOU…. THEY WERE LINED UP BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO IGNORANT TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES.
IF ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORTED GAY MARRIAGE LINED UP TO EAT AT ONE PARTICULAR RESTAURANT, ON ONE SPECIAL DAY, THE LINES OUTSIDE THAT REPRESENTED TOLERANCE WOULD BE MILES AND MILES LONGER - WE JUST DID NOT SEE THAT TODAY. TRUST ME…. THE LINES ON YOUR SIDE WOULD HAVE BEEN MILES AND MILES LONGER, DO NOT FORGET THAT.
For those of you who want to defend Chick-Fil-A for their ability to practice “Freedom of Speech,” I want you to understand that sometimes our “Freedom of Speech” when used to isolate a class of people into not having the same rights as everyone else is not a a FREEDOM, but an ABUSE of speech. If McDonalds funded a campaign to outlaw divorce, we would see an OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE not eating there anymore, and the FREEDOM of NOT GETTING A DIVORCE vs. FREEDOM OF SPEECH issue would not be as vocal. We also seem to have a lot of people saying “I support gay people, but…..” There is no BUT, it’s either you are for equal rights, and the elimination of hate – or you are not.
It’s also VERY INTERESTING TO SEE how many “Freedom of Speech” people there are who are married but secretly bisexual, closeted, or gay themselves being so outspoken on this issue. In other words, social issues mixed with waffle fries and a deep fried chicken sandwich seems to have hit a boneless nerve with a lot of people, but in the “milk” shake cluckerfuck that this whole “Chick-Fil-A” thing has brought on….. people will either be followers or leaders, and those outspoken about “Freedom of Speech” and publicly uncomfortable with their own sexuality are FOLLOWERS.
Those who are able to say they are boycotting the restaurant, and believe what they said was WRONG are LEADERS. Freedom of Speech is our Nation’s First Amendment which reads “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Yes, Chick-Fil-A has the right to say what they want, and we as Americans cannot prohibit them from doing so, however as Americans when a restaurant says “we want to isolate a class of people, and even go so far as to take the money from people who believe the same way and FUND groups to continue to isolate that specific class of people” – up to and to them even being murdered, goes way beyond what the intentions of the First Amendment were originally.
The right of Freedom of Speech is often misunderstood by ignorant people who spout off patriotic statements, but have not actually read the First Amendment, or who have NOT studied article 19 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which deems Freedom of Speech “subject to limitations, as with libel, slander, obscenity, copyright violation and incitement to commit a crime.” (Source)
So “Freedom of Speech” isn’t exactly “Freedom of Speech” without responsibility, so do not ACCEPT that argument as fact ever – especially when dealing with people who talk out of both sides of their mouths. HATE SPEECH is wrong. Chick-Fil-A contributes to the message that GLBTI people are second class citizens, and are exempt from the same equal rights as heterosexual Americans.
Most people don’t even know what TRADITIONAL BIBLICAL MARRIAGE IS, and define it as only between one man and one woman – well, here is what the Bible DEFINES as traditional marriage:
According to “God”, here is traditional marriage:
- Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she’s yours. – (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)
- Find a prostitute and marry her. – (Hosea 1:1-3)
- Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock. – Moses (Ex 2:16-21)
- Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal. – Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)
- Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife. – Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)
- Have God create a wife for you while you sleep. Note: this will cost you. – Adam (Gen 2:19-24)
- Agree to work seven years in exchange for a woman’s hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another seven years for the woman you wanted to marry in the first place. That’s right. Fourteen years of toil for a wife. – Jacob (Genesis 29:15-30)
- Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law’s enemies and get his daughter for a wife – David (I Samuel 18:27)
- Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you’ll definitely find someone. (It’s all relative, of course.) – Cain (Genesis 4:16-17)
- Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest. – Xerxes or Ahasuerus (Esther 2:3-4)
- When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, “I have seen a … woman; now get her for me.” If your parents question your decision, simply say, “Get her for me. She’s the one for me.” – Samson (Judges 14:1-3)
- Kill any husband and take HIS wife (Prepare to lose four sons, though). – David (2 Samuel 11)
- Wait for your brother to die. Take his widow. (It’s not just a good idea; it’s the law.) – Onana and Boaz (Deuteronomy or Leviticus, example in Ruth)
- Don’t be so picky. Make up for quality with quantity. – Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3)
- A wife?…NOT? – Paul (1 Corinthians 7:32-35)
I have to thank my friend Bobby for the above, since he posted that on his Facebook – but yes this is in fact a comedic take on what the Bible says. The Bible also teaches us that Jesus loves everyone, and doesn’t exclude people for being gay. In fact, if Jesus were on Earth today he wouldn’t condone anyone denying equal happiness to anyone, because he was the embodiment of LOVE.
Anyway, so I have said my piece and you can disagree with me all you want. However, my main message is this – if you have READ ANTI-GAY HATE SPEECH on YOUR FACEBOOK or any other family member has supported Chick-Fil-A and made anti-gay statements then remember “It Gets Better.” If you don’t BELIEVE that “It Gets Better,” then please understand that this chicken basted discrimination is temporary….. because the people who were in line today were not in line to hate you, they were in line because they hate themselves, and are scared of anything they do not understand.
Eating Healthier Food Options,
Jake A. Wheat
Posted from Prospect, Kentucky, United States.